In the nation, the Janmashtami celebration is observed with considerable fanfare. Particularly in Vrindavan, Barsana, Mathura, and Dwarka, Janmashtami is observed. In some temples, unique events are planned for this occasion, and nocturnal awakening is also practiced there.
Related Post – Top 5 Reliable Web Development Companies in India 2022
It is believed that Lord Krishna was born in Bhadrapada month on Ashtami day, during Krishna Paksha. When Krishna was born, Rohini was in Nakshatra, and the Sun and Moon were in Leo and Taurus, respectively. As a result, if it is Ashtami Tithi at night on Janmashtami, one should fast on that day. Janmashtami is also known as Gokulashtami and Krishna Janmashtami. We would like to know when Shri Krishna Janmashtami occurs, what is the auspicious time, and what type of worship is performed.
Significance of Janmashtami
A special celebration is held by the Hindu religion on Janmashtami. Shri Krishna is considered one of Lord Vishnu’s most powerful human incarnations. The birth and death of Lord Krishna have been extensively described in Hindu mythology. As soon as Shri Krishna was born in human form, people began worshipping him as the divine son.
Auspicious time of Janmashtami
Janmashtami date – 18 August 2021 (On the 18th of August, there is a Janmashtami celebration, but according to some astrology, the 19th of August will be Udaya Tithi, so Janmashtami will also be celebrated on this day.)
Ashtami date starts: 18th August, Thursday night starting at 9.21 pm
Ashtami date ends: August 19 at 10:59 pm
Janmashtami Puja Method
1) Get up early, take a bath, etc., on the day of Janmashtami, and follow a 24-hour fast.
2) Then, give Lord Krishna a milk and Gangajal bath.
3) Then put on fresh clothing and decorate it with Tulsi Dal, Kundal, a peacock’s crown, a flute, a Vaijayanti garland, and so on.
4) Put flower necklaces on the Lord Krishna swing.
5) In addition to worshiping Lord Krishna, light incense lamps and offer him fruit, flowers, butter, sugar candy, and sweets.
6) After 12 nights, worship Shri Krishna by swinging him and doing aarti.
7) Distribute prasad to everyone after the ritual.