Jammu and Kashmir: In the context of its investigation into the over Rs 223 crore scam at the Jammu and Kashmir Cooperative Bank, the Enforcement Directorate raided multiple places in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- After 30 years, worship took place in Gyanvapi basement; big victory for Hindu side in Varanasi court
- Jaipur Saras Dairy increased the price of milk again, costlier by Rs 2 a liter
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated AIIMS Guwahati on Friday in Assam, the foundation stone was laid in 2017
- Government of India blocked 14 messenger mobile apps, these apps were used for terrorist activities
- Justice Thottathil B Radhakrishnan passed away at a hospital
- Poonam Pandey admitted to hospital with serious injuries, husband Sam Bombay arrested for assault
This fraud was carried out using the purportedly fake River Jhelum Cooperative House Building Society name.
The report also states that the ED is conducting raids on the former bank chairman’s premises. The fraudulent act was carried out under the guise of the River Jhelum Cooperative Housing Building Association, a fictitious residential association.
Under Section 17 of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), raids were carried out by the ED’s Srinagar office.