In the United Arab Emirates, several days of heavy rain have resulted in flooding in some areas and safety advisories for drivers. Because of the recent rains, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, is experiencing significant street flooding.
- HP will also lay off employees after Amazon and Twitter, expected to cut 6,000 jobs by the end of 2025
- Heeralal Samariya becomes India’s first Dalit Chief Information Commissioner, President administers oath
- Encounter with terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kulgam district, three army soldiers martyred in firing
- Now end-to-end encryption feature will be available in Gmail, know the last date of application
- Demand for making laws to control population intensifies, Supreme Court issues notice to Central Government
- Actor Gufi Paintal, who played the role of Shakuni Mama in ‘Mahabharat’, passed away
Authorities issued a warning that erratic weather is expected to strike the nation through Thursday. Social media posts featured videos of cars traversing waterlogged roadways.
Brigadier Ahmed al-Naqbi, the director of the Ras Al-Khaimah Police’s Traffic and Patrols Department, pleaded with all drivers on Saturday to drive defensively and to follow all traffic laws and safety regulations.
Videos that the X users uploaded showed rivers quickly developing on formerly dry areas and highways completely submerged in water.