After 36 years, Argentina won the FIFA World Cup 2022 championship on Sunday with a remarkable 3-3 (Shootout 4-2) victory over France. This was made possible by all-time great footballer Lionel Andres Messi.
In India, Lionel Messi has a big following. Because of this, football passion reached its zenith in regions like Kerala and West Bengal, where everyone hoped that Argentina would win.
Messi gave this statement
Even after accomplishing his goal of winning the World Cup, Lionel Messi believes he will still play for Argentina. The famous striker has no immediate intention of stopping playing for the national team. After Argentina defeated France 4-2 in the penalty shootout at the Lusail Stadium, Lionel Messi’s ambition of winning the world championship was realized.
Top Headlines –
- Vinay Pathak and Masumeh Makhija starrer ‘Bhagwan Bharose’ trailer out, to release on October 13
- Ram Pothineni and Boyapati Sreenu’s Pan-India Film ‘Skanda’ Release Hindi Trailer Out Now
- C-295 transport aircraft will join the Indian Air Force, Rajnath Singh will hand over this aircraft to the Air Force
- ED raids the premises of former PFI workers in Kerala, currently raids are going on
- PM Modi will do a road show in Bhopal’s Jamboree Ground, will fill the enthusiasm in Karyakarta Mahakumbh
- Shock to Pakistan team before ODI World Cup 2023, players did not get visa for India
Messi, who is just 35 and is rumored to be playing in his final World Cup, indicated following the game that he still plans to participate. “Undoubtedly, I wanted to end my career with this,” remarked Messi. I can’t ask for more right now.