On Wednesday, the Supreme Court granted Media One’s request to appeal the Kerala High Court decision upholding the decision of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to revoke the license of the news network.
- Delhi Police team reached Brij Bhushan’s house, recorded statements from 12 people
- Internet ban extended till June 10 amid ongoing violence in Manipur
- Trailer release of Kartik Aaryan and Kiara Advani’s film ‘SatyaPrem Ki Katha’, film is going to be full entertainment
- Actor Gufi Paintal, who played the role of Shakuni Mama in ‘Mahabharat’, passed away
- Mafia Mukhtar Ansari convicted in old case after 32 years, sentence will be announced today
- Rajasthan: Seven IAS and 30 IPS officers transferred
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting was ordered by the Supreme Court to grant the Media One channel a renewal license within four weeks. The top court let the renewal go through until a temporary order.
The court made a significant statement about press freedom during this time. claimed that a free press is essential to society’s functioning.