The Enforcement Directorate (ED) office in Tamil Nadu has an official under arrest, according to the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (DVAC). The ED officer was detained by DVAC on suspicion of accepting a bribe. The Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (DVAC) provided this information on Friday.
- Covid-19 Updates: 2,075 new cases of corona infection in the last 24 hours, 71 people died
- Queen Elizabeth II will not participate in the COP-26 climate conference, advised to rest
- Viewers will get double dose of comedy, new season of Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai is knocking soon
- First look of Ajith Kumar’s upcoming film Thunivu released, posters were a big hit with fans
- 5 new features of WhatsApp are going to be available soon
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Website Traffic with Google Adwords
The ED officer is charged with accepting a Rs 20 lakh bribe. DVAC is currently investigating the Madurai sub-regional ED office. There have already been arrests of ED officials for taking bribes before this.
An ED subregional office in Madurai conducted the investigation after detaining the suspect in Dindigul. State police officers were stationed outside the central government building during this period. Ankit Tiwari was the name of the arrested officer, according to an official release from DVAC. He is employed by the Central Government’s Madurai Enforcement Department as an enforcement officer.