Hemant Soren, the chief minister of Jharkhand, has received a new summons from the ED in the land purchase and sale case. Hemant Soren will be questioned by the ED on August 24. He will also be questioned over the benami properties owned by him and his family.
- Covid-19 Updates: 2,075 new cases of corona infection in the last 24 hours, 71 people died
- Queen Elizabeth II will not participate in the COP-26 climate conference, advised to rest
- Viewers will get double dose of comedy, new season of Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai is knocking soon
- First look of Ajith Kumar’s upcoming film Thunivu released, posters were a big hit with fans
- 5 new features of WhatsApp are going to be available soon
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Website Traffic with Google Adwords
Earlier, on August 14, the ED had summoned Soren for interrogation. However, citing some pressing work, Soren did not show up before the ED. ED has now issued a summons for questioning as of August 24.
ED has already called out Soren once before this. Chief Minister Hemant Soren was questioned by the ED in the illicit mining matter as early as November 2022. In two different cases, ED is investigating Hemant Soren.
14 persons have been detained thus far in relation to the land fraud. Prem Prakash, a close adviser to the chief minister, Chhavi Ranjan, a former deputy commissioner of Ranchi, Amit Agarwal, a businessman headquartered in Kolkata, Vishnu Agarwal, the proprietor of Nucleus Mall, and CO Bhanupratap are among those detained. The names of a few politicians also surfaced during the interrogation of the suspects in this case.