Maine Mass Shooting: A mass shooting occurred late on Wednesday night in Lewiston, Maine, in the United States. The incident resulted in 22 deaths and over 50 injuries.
- HP will also lay off employees after Amazon and Twitter, expected to cut 6,000 jobs by the end of 2025
- Heeralal Samariya becomes India’s first Dalit Chief Information Commissioner, President administers oath
- Encounter with terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kulgam district, three army soldiers martyred in firing
- Now end-to-end encryption feature will be available in Gmail, know the last date of application
- Demand for making laws to control population intensifies, Supreme Court issues notice to Central Government
- Actor Gufi Paintal, who played the role of Shakuni Mama in ‘Mahabharat’, passed away
The event has prompted a search for the suspected attacker, who is reportedly fleeing. Security officials requested the public’s assistance in identifying the culprit after posting two images of the alleged assailant brandishing a rifle on Facebook.
In a statement, the Lewiston Medical Center claimed that “mass casualties” from the gunshot incident were receiving treatment. To transport the injured, coordination is being done with nearby hospitals. Locals can assist the county sheriff in identifying the suspect.
On the social media site X, the Maine State Police issued a warning regarding an active shooter. “We have asked people to stay at their places only,” he declared. Investigations are being conducted in a variety of areas by law enforcement.