Kane Williamson, the outstanding batsman for New Zealand, has stepped down as Test team captain. Tim Southee has taken his place as New Zealand’s new Test captain. The Kiwi squad will be led by Tim Southee throughout the Test series against Pakistan.
The New Zealand squad won the World Test Championship’s inaugural final while Williamson served as its captain. India lost against New Zealand in the championship contest.
On Tuesday, the New Zealand Cricket Board announced that Kane Williamson had opted to step down as the Test squad captain and that Tim Southee had been appointed in his place.
In ODIs and T20s, Kane Williamson will remain New Zealand’s captain. He’ll get ready for both the 2024 T20 World Cup and the 2023 ODI World Cup. Tom Latham has also been appointed team captain at the same time.
Top Headlines –
- Good news for Indian IT professionals! America will officially accept H1B visa applications from March 1
- Heavy rain and snowfall alert in these districts of Jammu and Kashmir, avalanche warning issued
- The teaser of Nani’s much-awaited film Dasara is out, the powerful dialogues have already made it a superhit
- The release date of ‘Metro… In Dino’ came out, Anurag Basu’s film will hit the theaters on this day
- Air Force plane crashes in Bharatpur, Rajasthan; accident happened in Bija of Uchain police station
- Plane crash in Madhya Pradesh’s Morena, Sukhoi-30 and Mirage 2000 were involved, both pilots safe