In Uttar Pradesh, forced conversion is not permitted. In spite of this, some individuals are forcefully changing their faith by not abiding by the law and the norms. Rampur in the state has brought one such case to light. The cops then started their investigation.
In the state’s Rampur, a local church’s pastor has been detained in connection with a case of forced conversion. According to the police, parts of the Prohibition of Unlawful Religion Act in Uttar Pradesh have been invoked to file charges against the accused Pastor Polo Messiah in this instance.
“A case was made against the accused on the basis of a complaint by local resident Rajeev Yadav, who will be sent to jail,” said Rampur’s Additional Superintendent of Police Sansar Singh.
- Good news for Indian IT professionals! America will officially accept H1B visa applications from March 1
- Heavy rain and snowfall alert in these districts of Jammu and Kashmir, avalanche warning issued
- The teaser of Nani’s much-awaited film Dasara is out, the powerful dialogues have already made it a superhit
- The release date of ‘Metro… In Dino’ came out, Anurag Basu’s film will hit the theaters on this day
- Air Force plane crashes in Bharatpur, Rajasthan; accident happened in Bija of Uchain police station
- Plane crash in Madhya Pradesh’s Morena, Sukhoi-30 and Mirage 2000 were involved, both pilots safe