A new version of YouTube Shorts is being released in order to solve the platform’s rising spam problem. According to the firm, URLs that appear in the Shorts description, Shorts comment box, and vertical live feed will no longer be clickable as of August 31.
- iPhone 15 series will be launched in India on September 12, these features leaked before launch
- New guidelines of Corona issued in Rajasthan, shops will open till 10 pm, know new restrictions
- New patient of Corona XE variant has been detected in Gujarat after Mumbai, alert issued
- The action trailer of Bachchan Pandey is out, full of drama and comedy
- Google fined $98 million, but why? Know the reason
- The Mid Day Meal Scheme renamed as ‘PM Poshan Scheme’ by the Centre
By implementing this new rule, spammers and fraudsters will have a harder time misleading and defrauding users through links.
According to the business, spammy links might direct consumers to harmful information like malware, phishing, or other frauds.
Additionally, because clickable social media icons have also been used to deceive visitors with misleading links, the business is eliminating them from all desktop channel banners.
Systems and guidelines are already in place on YouTube to find and eliminate bogus links. However, it is completely eliminating these links rather than depending on this technology. Since the modifications will be made progressively, not all links will remain inactive until August 31.