Bengal Municipalities Recruitment Scam: In connection with an investigation into alleged irregularities in municipality recruitments in West Bengal, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) began raids on Thursday at several places, including the residence of TMC state Food and Supplies Minister Rathin Ghosh.
- Weather Update: This week, there will be extreme heat in these states; ‘Orange’ alert issued
- D Company money laundering case: ED detains Iqbal Kaskar, brother of underworld don Dawood
- Modi-Modi slogans raised when Kejriwal reached Gujarat, Vadodara; how was CM Kejriwal’s reaction
- The doors of Kedarnath Dham will open for devotees from April 25, Helicopter service will also be offered
- First look release of Ajay Devgan’s film ‘Bholaa’, he wrote – Ek Chattaan, Sau Shaitaan
- MrBeast becomes the first person to reach over 1 million followers on Threads App
According to officials, the ED team arrived at Minister Ghosh’s home in Michaelnagar in the North 24 Parganas district at around 6.10 a.m., escorted by a sizable presence of central forces.
In conjunction with the case, authorities also began raids at 12 additional locations. Ghosh, a Madhyamgram TMC legislator, previously worked for the municipality. The ED claims that between 2014 and 2018, numerous municipal organizations in West Bengal fraudulently hired 1,500 individuals in exchange for cash.