News of layoffs is currently spreading from all directions. India is one of several countries where IT startups and enterprises have lately let go of thousands of people. Google’s parent company Alphabet Inc. is also experiencing the wind of retrenchment and is about to lay off 12,000 employees.
Related Post – Best Luxury Hair Salons In Kolkata
However, there appears to be some alleviation in the country’s telecoms and related industries for the time being. A survey claims that employment in the telecommunications industry and allied industries has increased by 30–36% during the past three to six months. At the same time, recruiting in these industries is anticipated to rise by 40–45% during the next two years.
He stated that by the end of FY 2022, there were around 40 lakh people working in telecommunications and related industries. By the end of FY 2026, this number is expected to rise to 60 lakh.
24,151 employees were laid off this year
According to Layoff Tracker, a website that analyses layoffs, as of January 15 this year, 24,151 people had been let go by organizations including Amazon, Coinbase, and Salesforce. Companies including Meta, Twitter, Oracle, Snapchat, Uber, and Intel also let go of roughly 1,53,110 workers last year, or in 2022.
- Wrestlers will not get permission at Jantar Mantar, FIR lodged against wrestlers
- CBI registers case against Rolls-Royce and its officials
- ISRO successfully launched Navigation Satellite NVS-1, this will empower the army
- ‘Adipurush’ second song ‘Ram Siya Ram’ out, released in 5 languages
- Swami Ramdev gave a statement in support of wrestlers, said – Brij Bhushan should be arrested immediately
- First look of Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani released, will come in theaters on this day