West Bengal Teacher Recruitment Scam: Kuntal Ghosh, a member of the Trinamool Congress youth wing, was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) in connection with the West Bengal teacher recruitment scam after being questioned for two days straight. Kuntal, a Hooghly resident and member of the TMC youth wing, had his apartment searched by ED agents on Friday in relation to the case.
According to sources, Kuntal Ghosh was detained as a result of the available information. According to a top Enforcement Directorate (ED) officer, Ghosh was first questioned by ED agents in Kolkata on Saturday morning and then arrested during an overnight search of his Chinar Park flat.
The CBI claims that between 2014 and 2021, TMC officials raised more than Rs 100 crore to hire staff members and teachers in West Bengal’s public schools.
- Good news for Indian IT professionals! America will officially accept H1B visa applications from March 1
- Heavy rain and snowfall alert in these districts of Jammu and Kashmir, avalanche warning issued
- The teaser of Nani’s much-awaited film Dasara is out, the powerful dialogues have already made it a superhit
- The release date of ‘Metro… In Dino’ came out, Anurag Basu’s film will hit the theaters on this day
- Air Force plane crashes in Bharatpur, Rajasthan; accident happened in Bija of Uchain police station
- Plane crash in Madhya Pradesh’s Morena, Sukhoi-30 and Mirage 2000 were involved, both pilots safe
A bribe allegedly worth between Rs 5 lakh and Rs 15 lakh was paid to obtain employment after failing the screening process. When Partha Chatterjee, a former state education minister, was detained last year in connection with the School Service Commission’s recruitment of students in grades 9 through 12, the Mamata Banerjee administration came under assault from the opposition.