Radhikapur Express Accident: In the early hours of Monday at Farakka in the Murshidabad district of West Bengal, the engine of the 13145 Radhikapur Express derailed after hitting a truck carrying sand, according to railway sources.
- Covid-19 Updates: 2,075 new cases of corona infection in the last 24 hours, 71 people died
- Queen Elizabeth II will not participate in the COP-26 climate conference, advised to rest
- Viewers will get double dose of comedy, new season of Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai is knocking soon
- First look of Ajith Kumar’s upcoming film Thunivu released, posters were a big hit with fans
- 5 new features of WhatsApp are going to be available soon
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Website Traffic with Google Adwords
Even though the collision caused an engine fire, railway officials stated that no casualties or injuries had been reported.
The event happened around 1.25 in the morning when a truck struck a level crossing gate in Murshidabad, between Dhulianganga and Ballalpur, and it came in front of the train. The engine caught fire after four wheels derailed. A representative for Eastern Railway said, “The engine was promptly removed from the train.
As soon as the fire brigade arrived, the fire was brought under control. Some trains were canceled or diverted as a result of the accident.