Following racial unrest in Karnataka‘s Shivamogga district, the state has implemented Section 144 of the CrPC in the Ragi Gudda neighborhood. Additionally, gatherings of individuals at Ragi Gudda are prohibited.
- HP will also lay off employees after Amazon and Twitter, expected to cut 6,000 jobs by the end of 2025
- Heeralal Samariya becomes India’s first Dalit Chief Information Commissioner, President administers oath
- Encounter with terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kulgam district, three army soldiers martyred in firing
- Now end-to-end encryption feature will be available in Gmail, know the last date of application
- Demand for making laws to control population intensifies, Supreme Court issues notice to Central Government
- Actor Gufi Paintal, who played the role of Shakuni Mama in ‘Mahabharat’, passed away
Let me inform you that yesterday night, after stone-throwing during a religious procession, violence erupted in Shivamogga, Karnataka. Some malicious elements had hurled stones at the Eid Ul Milad procession, according to Shivamogga SP GK Mithun Kumar. Following this, people became enraged and destroyed homes and automobiles. Based on the footage, some persons have been detained.
Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah stated that some malicious elements threw stones at the Eid Ul Milad parade in response to racial tension in Shivamogga. The police were also attacked with stones. 40 persons have been detained thus far. Such activities will not be tolerated by our government. The matter is currently under control.