Assam‘s government announced that it would assess the socioeconomic status of the indigenous Assamese Muslims. During the cabinet meeting on Friday, headed by Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma, the decision was made.
- Covid-19 Updates: 2,075 new cases of corona infection in the last 24 hours, 71 people died
- Queen Elizabeth II will not participate in the COP-26 climate conference, advised to rest
- Viewers will get double dose of comedy, new season of Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai is knocking soon
- First look of Ajith Kumar’s upcoming film Thunivu released, posters were a big hit with fans
- 5 new features of WhatsApp are going to be available soon
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Website Traffic with Google Adwords
According to Chief Minister Sarma, the Directorate of Minority Affairs and four regions will assess the socio-economic conditions of indigenous Assamese Muslims. In the meeting, it was decided to rename the four Directorates of Area Development as the Directorate of Minority Affairs and Four Area Development.
Additionally, the Cabinet approved in principle the issuance of a standard operating procedure (SOP) and detailed protocol permitting the holding of customary bull and buffalo contests on Magh Bihu.
The SOP’s goal is to guarantee that animals aren’t intentionally tortured or mistreated. The annual buffalo combat should be conducted with consideration for the animals by its organizers. This is a part of the centuries-old Assamese cultural tradition, let us inform you.