An important decision regarding the divorce of the couple has been handed down by the constitution bench of five judges of the Supreme Court. In accordance with Article 142, the Supreme Court has the power to dissolve a marriage on the grounds of “irretrievable breakdown of marriage”.
- Wrestlers will not get permission at Jantar Mantar, FIR lodged against wrestlers
- CBI registers case against Rolls-Royce and its officials
- ISRO successfully launched Navigation Satellite NVS-1, this will empower the army
- ‘Adipurush’ second song ‘Ram Siya Ram’ out, released in 5 languages
- Swami Ramdev gave a statement in support of wrestlers, said – Brij Bhushan should be arrested immediately
- First look of Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani released, will come in theaters on this day
The Supreme Court declared on Monday that it is within its rights to dissolve a marriage on the grounds of an insurmountable rift between the spouses under Article 142 of the Constitution.
The SC made it plain that sending the parties to the Family Court, where they could have to wait for six to 18 months, is not necessary.